are working the
History Museum of Galati-
witch contains self standing sections:
“House of Cuza Voda ” ;
House “Costache Negri” (from Manjina) ;
(the place where the carved or engraved stone collection is kept)
Museal Complex of
Natural Science which has organized
on scientific bases started since 1959. In the present, the Museal
Natural Science contains:
- the properly museum centre
planetarium, exposure room, documentary base and facilities for the
of cultural activities;
- has taken over the Zoological Garden
- the botanical garden, in Tiglina witch
includes a arranged park on a surface of 18 ha and a glass house.
The Visual Art Museum
which was the first Romanian contemporary art museum, conceited in such
that it would represent the newest tendencies of the plastic phenomenon
Theaters at Galati
Considered the province city,
after the capitals
Bucharest and Iasi, with the best public for the theatre, by the
of the spectators at the presentations of the troupes who were in
in permanent probation initiated by FANI TARDINI a century ago, Galati
his dream come true – permanent theatre – hardly in the sixth decade
century. The first spectacles have been presented at Galati at the
middle of the nineteenth
The Puppets Theatre (today
Theatre), has been created in 1 October 1952.
The first rehearsals and spectacles
place on improvised scenes, with translated texts from Russian, with
subjects, sententious, the principal heroes being the bears and the
Little with little, in the theatres repertory have been included
inspired by the Grimm Brothers tails, H. Cr. Andersen, Charles
Alcesandri, Ion Creangă, Petre
Ispirescu so on.
the PUPPET THEATRE from Galati
has annually, the “Gulliver” Festival –a national prestigious
which participates all the troupes of this king from within the
town being recognized as o capital of Romanian puppeteers.
The State Theatre was
established in 1
great drama, comedy, and tragedy amateurs, the Galatians have waited
decades for the establishment of an institution with actors, permanent
and adequate room. From 1973 has been named the Dramatic Theatre and
year 2000 – The Dramatic Theatre “Fani Tardini”.
The first persons who have
started their career on a
scene in Galati
of first class of the theatre are: Gina Patrichi, Stefan Banica, Ileana
Florica Cercel, Emil Hossu so on.
From the year 1976, from the
initiative of headmaster
Mihai Mihail (has ensured the administration of the theatre between the
1972-1989 and from 2000 until today), has been organized the first
under the name of Colloquial for the art of comedy.
The Operetta Theatre
and Estrada Regional is
established at 15 Mai 1956, ulterior the Musical Theatre Galati, the
Musical Theatre “Nae Leonard”.
vocation of Galati has its stumps back of a century and a half, when
the Danube’s shore where barding their material and spiritual
to the locals, a count of ethnic communities form al the corners of
II, in the city where Ivanovici sang with his orchestral instrument at
musical shows or in the Public Garden, but he had created his immortal
“The Danube’s Waves”, here where in the Moruzi Plaza
was borne “the prince of Romanian operetta”.
the lights of the Galatians scene the curtain has been raised for over
times for the premiers. Keeping the tradition and remaining the only
where the public of all ages and the social categories can watch o
variety of genres (opera, operetta, musical comedy, revue, musical,
spectacles or symphonic concerts and vocal-symphonic concerts, musical
spectacles for children), The “Nae Leonard” Theatre comes thus to the
of all the artistic tastes, of all the spectators ages.
Metal graving camps, which
are deployed along
the Danube’s Promenade, marcs diverse places in Galati (Braila’s
Park from Tigilina’s 1 Valley) have engraved a city’s personality and
integrated wholesome to the natural landscape, citadel, becoming some
emblem of it’s.
monumental art of public forum is
represented trough the statues dedicated to Mihai Eminescu, Costache
Mihail Kogalniceanu, Alexandru Ioan Cuza, I. C. Bratianu and the bust
Catargiu. His last works have been established in the interbelic period.
The most beautiful monument
of this kind
remains the one dedicated to the National Poet, opera of sculptors
Storck. Made out of an massive bloc of Campulung
white marble, with the height of 5,50m,
deployed on a base of 2,60 by 2,45 m, the monument has been uncovered
at 16 October 1911,
in Central Park.
At 17 June 1912, in the
middle of formal Royal
Plaza, the bronze statue of the great big patriot Costache Negri has
uncovered, opera of sculptor Ion
Iordanescu. The statue with a height of 2, 80 m, was arisen on a
In the year 1893, the great
benefactor of the town Galati,
V.A. Urechea has given to the Galatians a bronze bust of Mihail
Uncovered at 24 October 1893, on an granite pedestal was arisen by the
the same donator, the sculptor’s opera Wladimir Hegel, festivity at
the politician’s son had assisted ,
Vasile Kogalniceanu was the first plastic art opera that had been
Galati. The hard ages and the peoples slattern have made that the bust
circulate a lot of time trough the town, remaining afterwards on a
arisen in front of Mechanic
begging of the Galatians high schools
At the inauguration of the
Boy School No. 5,
on Ports Street,
on the building’s frontispiece was fitted the bust of A. I. Cuza, the
the country, donated by his wife. Event took place at 4 November 1888.
In an rotund
on the Domneasca Street,
between the Public
Garden and the Visual Arts Museum,
sits the monument
of Alexander Joan Cuza,
which was uncovered
at 9 May 1972,
opera of sculptors Joan Jalea.